The Jennie King Mellon Library's mission is to advance the academic endeavors of Chatham University students, faculty, and staff by:
- Acquiring, organizing, preserving, promoting and providing access to resources that meet our community's diverse and changing research needs;
- Offering timely reference assistance and expert instruction that fosters information competency;
- Collaborating with Chatham faculty and staff to help students develop progressively complex critical thinking and research skills in the pursuit of scholarly achievement and life-long learning;
- Maintaining a virtual and physical environment conducive to teaching and learning;
- Encouraging and sustaining a high level of service by our staff.